Friday, April 20, 2012

School work...and rain.

It's been a few days since you've heard from me. Nothing too exciting has happened...that's why. I've gotten much more focused on my studies. When I worked full time and attended classes part time, it was really difficult to fully dedicate myself to school. Now that I'm doing this exchange program and taking a break from working, I promised myself I would put much more effort into my classes. So that's what I've been doing the last couple of days. I've been reading like mad and researching economics concepts because I've forgotten them all.

It has also been raining constantly. Wednesday and Thursday, it rained non-stop. Friday, it rained intermittently.  All this rain made me realize I need a new umbrella...a bigger one. Everyone is carrying around the big, Mary Poppins-style umbrellas, which I have at home. Aunt Nancy gave me it for Christmas, but I didn't bring it because it was a pain to pack. Doh! Some have asked me about the weather. Well, April in Hong Kong is pretty mild (22C/72F). The humidity is still at a reasonable level, but supposedly in May, June, July, it is unbearable. I'll have to do a comparison of HK humidity to DC humidity. In April, it does rain quite a bit though. Today, however the clouds finally cleared and the sun showed itself.

Below is picture of a pretty typical day in Hong Kong in April...overcast in the morning. Usually, it clears up toward the afternoon. It's actually pretty similar to San Diego's morning marine layer.



Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment