Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First Day of School

Classes started today. It was a bit of a rush getting out this morning. Today's class was at 9 am on the main campus, which is located far outside the city (similar to how College Park is far from downtown DC) In total, it takes about an hour away by subway, then bus. Also, I hadn't been to campus yet so I had planned to get up early. Of course, I got up late. I made it to school in good time, but finding the classroom was difficult. There are a series of lifts (elevators) placed all over campus and they are all numbered. The goal is to find the correct lift number, which will take you to the correct floor and the correct classroom. I'm not sure who designed the school this way, but hopefully they are no longer designing buildings. I did make it to the correct classroom only five minutes after class had started, but I would have preferred to be early.  Below are a couple of pictures of the HKUST. I couldn't get a good picture of the main circle so I pulled one from the internet. The latter is a picture of the school's overlook of Clearwater Bay.




This morning's class is called Applied Strategic Thinking. It is taught by Chris Doran, a professional with 15 years experience in applied strategic thinking, particularly for major multinational companies. Specifically, the course will teach how to think strategically and will provide plenty of opportunities to apply what we've learned in a team environment. So far, the course was pretty interesting. I'll some good tidbits when they come along.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment