Thursday, April 5, 2012

Move-in day

Today's post will be short, but filled with photos. This morning, I moved into my studio apartment in Lan Kwai Fong (LKF), which is part of Central Hong Kong. If you look up LFK, Wikipedia says, "Lan Kwai Fong is a popular expatriate haunt in Hong Kong for drinking, clubbing and dining." And I live smack dab in the middle of it. Weeeee!!!

This afternoon, I met Gary Woo, the representative from the management company that owns the studio. He gave me the full run down of the studio, which didn't take too long, considering the studio is small. Gary was so friendly. He showed me exactly which keys went with each of the doors and even made me test them out to ensure they worked. He also explained how the TV and DVD remotes worked, how to use the air conditioner and actually set up the internet on my computer for me. Finally, Gary showed me exactly how to get back to the Central MTR station. Gary was so nice. He was almost a fatherly figure. It's reassuring to know I can reach out to him if I need anything.

Below I've included pictures of my studio in LKF. I warn you- the apartment is tiny. But it does have all the amenities you need (including a washer/dryer, stove, microwave and two mini fridges). Plus, being so small, it encourages me get out and explore the city.


The Kitchen

The Bathroom

All of the "rooms"

The View
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment