Saturday, April 21, 2012

Friday Night On Campus

Last night, I ended up staying at the main campus until pretty late. I had gone there earlier in the day to meet with my group for Applied Strategic Thinking to play this Monopoly-type game for class, called Hyper! and stayed. I get much more accomplished when I stay on campus and I am able to interact with the other MBA students so I usually stay all day. In the late afternoon, I met up with Kriya and we hung out in the MBA study room. We attempted to study and I got a lot accomplished, but probably less than if we were alone. But who wants to study alone? On a sidenote, it felt odd to be studying on a Friday night. Back home, I would usually only study on weekend nights during finals week. I was also working during the day though.

After studying drained us, we went to dinner at the restaurant on campus. During lunch, they serve dim sum, but at dinner they serve more traditional Chinese dishes. Kriya is a pure vegetarian and I only eat seafood so we ordered a bunch of veggie dishes and shared them. Of course, we also ordered a bottle of wine and shared that as well. I still haven't found Chinese food as appetizing as other types of asian foods. I love Thai food and Vietnamese, but most Chinese dishes are just okay. Maybe they are more of an acquired taste, especially for American palettes. However, I have become more of a fan of tea though. Most of the Chinese restaurants I've been to serve tea with every meal.

After dinner, we headed to the Park n' Shop on campus and bought a bottle of wine and snacks. We also went to the McDonald's Cafe (McCafe) on campus and bought a piece of cookies n' cream cheesecake. Yes, we just finished dinner and already bought dessert and snacks. What can I say? Kriya and I both love to eat. After getting our refreshments, we went and hung out in the common room of Kriya's dormitory. Most of the exchange students stayed in this dorm, although some did live in downtown Hong Kong, like me. We also met up with Lili (a full-time MBA student), from mainland China and Juan, an american exchange student. The rest of the night, we ate, drank, chatted about school and listened to Lili's eclectic mix of music. It took me back to undergrad at University of San Diego, hanging out in the dorms. It was a good time.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment