Thursday, May 31, 2012

Aaron Departs and Econ Final.

The past week has been a whirlwind of activity. Aaron left at the beginning of the week and I spent the rest of the time finishing up my classes. 


Monday night, for Aaron's last night, we went over to Kowloon to visit the Temple Street Night market. Beforehand, we stopped to get some food in Tsim Sha Tsui. The restaurant was called Spices and it was honestly the best Indian food I've had in a really long time. I had the veggie curry and Aaron had Chicken Tikka. After a nice meal, we took the MTR up to Jordan and walked over to Temple Street. This brightly lit market sells all kinds of wares, including clothing, watches, electronic gadgets, knock-off bags and souvenirs. There are also a a bunch of vendors selling cheap food although we weren't hungry. Aaron and I bought a couple souvenirs and had to pull ourselves away from buying anything else. I was expecting the market to be much busier than it actually was, but it was also a Monday night. Below is a picture of Aaron at the night market. 


Tuesday morning, I saw Aaron off back to the States. It was hard to see him go, but I'll be back in the US in about a month. I think Aaron had a good time. He seemed to enjoy Hong Kong and Macau. He visited a lot of sights, although he had to explore a lot on his own, because of school. I headed home from the airport and spent the rest of the afternoon studying for my Econ final. 


Wednesday morning, I had my China in the Global Economy final. I had been dreading this test all semester. This class was a ton of work (assignments, group presentation, group papers) and a ton of content to digest. And honestly, while I like economics as a subject, I struggle with some of the underlying concepts. So walking into this test, I definitely did not feel comfortable. In the end, the test went okay. It wasn't my best work though. I felt like I kept regurgitating the concepts I knew. But its over now. One final down. One more to go on Saturday. 


Justin



No comments:

Post a Comment