Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sai Wan Adventure. And my LAST MBA final.

Thursday, I spent the morning studying for the final for my Saturday class (Irrational/Rational Thinking in Mmgt). The test was comprehensive so my goal was to review all the concepts thoroughly before the test. I reviewed about half of them Thursday morning so as a reward, I planned to spend the second half of the day outside. I connected with Jo and after talking, we decided to search out a remote part of Hong Kong, called Sai Wan. 


Let me tell you...it was a trek to get there. I had to take a bus to main campus in Clearwater Bay. Then, Jo and I took a bus to Sai Kung and another bus to the Sai Kung East County Park. Finally, we had to hike a trail for about 45 minutes before arriving at Sai Wan, the eastern most part of Hong Kong. It was all worth it though. 


Jo and I got a late start leaving for Sai Wan. We didn't even get to East County Park until 3:30 pm. The last bus back from the park was at 4:50 so in order to get back, the minibus driver said we'd have to call a taxi and tell them to meet us at certain place at a specific time. It also started raining when we were in Sai Kung and the clouds looked ominous the rest of the afternoon. Plus, it was really windy too. Under normal circumstances, we would have bailed out, but this was our last chance to go before leaving Hong Kong. We finally got to the beach and man, was it remote. There were a few houses and a couple of shabby restaurants at the beach, but nothing else. We brought a bottle of wine and shared it on the rocks. It really felt like we were in another world and not in Hong Kong. Below are a few pics from our trek.  








Friday, I spent most of the day studying for Saturday's final. However, I did make it out of the apartment to go to Wan Chai to pick up my visa for Vietnam. I also met Jo for some Hong Kong cafe food (ham and eggs on toast, french toast) and noodles.


Saturday was my last final for school. I got up early and went to school around 11 to do some last-minute studying before the test. Overall, the test wasn't too bad. It was all essay and we had three hours to finish three out of five questions. I was pretty confident on two of the questions and quasi-confident on the third. It was fitting that the last final of my MBA career had its underlying concepts in psychology, which was my undergraduate major. 


Below are a few pics I took of HKUST. I left campus for the last time after my final.  



No comments:

Post a Comment